Saturday, November 7, 2015

Pumpkin Buckwheat Dog Treats (Grain Free, Gluten Free, Diabetic Friendly)

Pumpkin Buckwheat Dog Treats

Grain free, Gluten free, Diabetic Friendly

I often find myself sitting around binge watching Netflix and making a mental list of what's in my pantry.  I recently purchased some Buckwheat Flour thinkin "I like regular buckwheat, its healthy, so why not bake with it?"  So I figured I'd make some dog treats. I have a Frenchie. He's gassy and on a grain free, gluten free diet to help with that gas.  Enter: Buckwheat Dog Treats! 

Buckwheat is NOT a grain, its actually a fruit seed.  It's high in Manganese, Fiber, Protein, Copper and a bunch of other good stuff.  More info can be seen here: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=11




 Ingredients:

1 lg Egg
1c Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 c Buckwheat Flour
Parchment Paper


Preheat Oven to 350
With an electric mixer or stand mixer beat Egg, Pumpkin, Cinnamon and Honey on high for 1 minute.  Reduce speed to low and add flour 1/2c at a time mixing for 2 minutes after each addition.  Dough will be a little sticky and kind of resemble cookie dough.

Turn out on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/2'' thick and cut into squares or use cute cookie cutters.  Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 40 min,  Turn oven off and remove cookies once oven is cool (about 2hrs)


Cool and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment